I made exciting plans for my 25th birthday and almost all of them got cancelled. I found out that my daughter had a performance the weekend that I was supposed to leave the state to celebrate my birthday. As a mother, your first order of business is to take care of your home. Without hesitation, I cancelled my plans. I couldn’t imagine missing my baby girl perform for a birthday trip!
The more I began to think about it, I realized that I was making my birthday all about myself. It’s not about me; it’s about my creator. I thank Him for keeping me even when I didn’t recognize the person staring in the mirror. Here’s to another year of life and to God be the glory!
In honor of my 25th birthday, I decided to write a blog about 25 things I’ve learned before the age of 25!
1. Jesus takes care of His children
2. There’s no point in complaining. If you can change the situation, change it. If not, move on.
3. Get comfortable being uncomfortable
4. Growth is a beautiful thing. It sometimes causes you to leave people behind and that is okay. How much are you willing to grow and let go?
5. Surround yourself with likeminded individuals. True friends will uplift you and check you before you sink.
6. You can plan out your entire life, but God’s purpose for your life is best.
7. Prayer is EVERYTHING!
8. Closed doors are better left sealed. Either you’re not ready yet or God has something better in store.
9. Seek wise counsel
10. Know your worth and don’t get complacent with less
11. Trust your gut
12. You WILL fall. What do you do after the fall? Sit, cry, and complain or get back up and keep it moving?
13. What seems like the hardest thing to do is the most beneficial in the long run. What’s easiest at the moment is the most destructive.
14. Watch out for wolves; some are dressed as sheep.
15. Hurt people, hurt people. If you are hurt, it is important to heal before involving yourself with others. Get better, not bitter or even.
16. Identify, acknowledge, and correct your mistakes. Learn from them and don’t look back.
17. The hardest thing to do is to pray for someone who hurt you. However, it results in great peace and is so worth it in the end.
18. Be the light in a world of darkness
19. God will meet you right where you are. Trust him.
20. When you lean and depend on others, you will never be whole. People are flawed human beings and will fail EVERYTIME. Look to God and he will fulfill your every need.
21. “No” is one step closer to a “yes”. Accept those “No’s” and get excited about that “Yes” waiting for you around the corner
22. Never lower your standards for someone else
23. Revenge is NOT for you to take. It is for God to handle.
24. Forgive and forget. Who are you not to forgive when Jesus forgave you for all your sins and wrongdoings?
25. Spread LOVE!